1) What is Medent Patient Portal?
2) Is there a fee to use Medent Patient Portal?
3) How do I sign up?
4) Who do I contact if I have further questions?
5) When can I see my test results in Medent Patient Portal?
6) Why are certain test results not shared electronically via Medent Patient Portal?
7) If some of my health information on Medent Patient Portal is not correct, what should I do?
8) If I send a message to my doctor or nurse, when can I expect a reply?
9) Can I view a family member’s health record in Medent Patient Portal?
10) Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my Medent Patient Portal account?
11) Can my spouse and I share one Medent Patient Portal account?
12) I forgot my password. What should I do?
13) Can you send me a new access code as I have lost it, let it expire or did not receive it?
14) Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, e-mail or change my password)?
15) How is Medent Patient Portal secure?
17) I was logged out of Medent Patient Portal, what happened?
18) My access code does not work, what should I do?
19) Is my access code my user ID?
20) When I login to Medent Patient Portal, I am being automatically logged out/timed out once I click on something…why?
Medent Patient Portal offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health. With Medent Patient Portal, you can use the Internet to:
* Request medical appointments.
* View your health summary from the Medent Patient Portal electronic health record.
* View test results.
* Request prescription renewals.
* Access trusted health information resources.
Medent Patient Portal is a free service offered to our patients.
Patients who wish to participate will be issued a Medent Patient Portal activation code during their clinic visit. This code will enable you to login and create your own user ID and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may call your primary care clinic to get one or ask to sign up during you next office visit.
You may e-mail or call our office
Your test results are released to your Medent Patient Portal account after your physician has reviewed them. This is generally within 10-14 days.
Your provider is able to determine which types of test results are able to be accessed through Medent Patient Portal. Further, tests of a very sensitive nature are not released to Medent Patient Portal.
Your Medent Patient Portal information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your doctor’s office. Ask your doctor to correct any inaccurate information at your next clinic visit. Your health information is reviewed and updated in your electronic medical record each visit.
You will generally receive an answer within 1-3 business days. Please note that Medent Patient Portal should not be used for urgent situations. Please contact your medical center if the situation requires immediate attention or dial 911 if it is an emergency.
Medent Patient Portal offers direct access to your personal health record and communicating about another individual’s information would be placed in your health record. This information would not appear in the correct health record and could potentially jeopardize medical care.
No, due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must sign and submit a Release of Information request and establish their own Medent Patient Portal account.
You can click the “Forgot password” link on the sign-in page to reset your password online. You may also contact our Medent Patient Portal Patient Support email to request a new, secure password.
Contact us and after we verify your information, a new code will be sent via U.S. Postal Mail. Privacy issues prevent us frm e-mailing a new access code to you.
Log into Medent Patient Portal and from the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, personal ID’s, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, Medent Patient Portal uses the latest 256-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with Medent Patient Portal. Unlike conventional e-mail, all Medent Patient Portal messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
Medent Patient Portal is owned and operated by Medent Patient Portal and is fully compliant with federal and state laws pertaining to your privacy. Your name and e-mail address will be treated with the same care and privacy given your health records and will never be sold or leased by Medent Patient Portal.
We aim to protect your privacy and security of your information. While logged into Medent Patient Portal, if your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of Medent Patient Portal. We recommend that you log out of your Medent Patient Portal session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
What do I need to use Medent Patient Portal?
You need access to a computer connected to the Internet and an up-to-date browser (such as Internet Explorer).
For your security, your access code expires after 60 days and is no longer valid after the first time you use it. If you still have problems, email us
No, your access code is not your Medent Patient Portal ID or password. You will use this code only once to log into Medent Patient Portal for the first time. (The code will expire after you have used it or after 30 days). When you log into Medent Patient Portal the first time, you will then be asked to create your own unique Medent Patient Portal ID and password.
If you are an AOL user:
This is an issue reported by users of AOL 9.5.
Please try the below instructions
* While logged into AOL, click on the blue ‘e’ icon in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. It is located next to the Windows button (Windows 7 and Vista) or Start menu button (Windows XP, 2000, etc.). This will open a new Internet Explorer window outside of your AOL workspace.
* Log into Medent Patient Portal in the Internet Explorer window.